Friday, November 14, 2008

Watchmen trailer three.



We knew it was coming, I waited on Yahoo for the moment it aired. Warner bros has released the third trailer for Zack Snyders adaptation of Watchmen and things are looking great.

This trailer is a huge leap forward for me. Sure I'm still unsure about the film, it can never be the book, but I was really impressed with the trailer. The way the film looks, the texture the feel of the city and environments from what we have seen, all fit the way I imagine Watchmen to be. Rorschach's voice was great but a bit exaggerated as you cant see his mouth so it comes across as if its a voice over. The city look dark, and I loved the 80's advertising on Main Street. I never thought Doctor Manhattan would sound simply like a man, but hearing him speak made me think at heart, he is still a human being and therefore his lines may carry more emotion because you relate to his voice more.

Also Rorschach refers to the group of heroes as "Watchmen" something that the books never does. This is most likely to allow the audience to identify with them easier.

Watchmen hits theaters on March 6th 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment